With 15 years of experience working for leading corporate events companies across Australia, Co-founders of Forefront Events, Shay King and Sam Clist identified an opportunity to set up a business model that would transform the typical corporate conference, and create a collaborative environment.
Although Shay had a clear goal for his business, he knew the competition would be extremely tough since he would be competing with not only Australian corporate conference businesses, but also global businesses.
Shay attended netStripes’ Digital Strategy Advisory to find a solution that worked to achieve his goals. After just 2-sessions, he signed up with netStripes to create a new online strategy, strong branding and a website that focused on building credibility and communicating Forefront Events value proposition, allowing them to successfully compete with larger established businesses.
- The business was in its startup phase and would have to compete with much larger brands.
- There were a lot of unknowns when starting such as how do I build a strategy that will work? What is my competitor’s strategy?
- Their ideal customers were big global brands like Microsft, Oracle, Salesforce etc. They were worried if these big businesses would want to work with a start-up.
- How would the new business create trust and credibility online?
- How would they be able to compete with established businesses?
- A big question was how would they create the cash flow to sustain the business.
- Strategy Blueprint
- Online Brand Design and Web Design
- Website Development
- Online event management system
- Cloud-based CRM and accounting system
- They won big global clients.
- Hired 7 people in the 1st year, and earned a nearly 7-figure income.
- The business kept growing, with revenue nearly doubling in 2-years.
- When the pandemic hit, they had 13 people, while other event businesses were badly impacted, with some even closing.
- Forefront Events hired people from their competitors and grew into a 30+ team.
Lower Bounce Rate
- At the end of the first year, they achieved massive growth due to the strategy, which comprised of the customer, service and competitor strategy, working well.
- The strategy positioned the brand to help them stand apart from the competition online.
- The professional credibility delivered through their website was good enough for big global brands to trust them enough to work with them.
- Shay and Sam were good operators, and because they knew their industry well, the strategy, branding and website helped them further accelerate business growth.
We have worked with the team at Netstripe for the past 4 years and I could not recommend them any higher. They offer a very professional and thorough service, and always deliver a great quality service.