5 Secrets of Marketing Your Business Online
Google says they have over 80 Million searches a day in Australia and it’s no secret the way people buy products and services have changed forever. We all research the internet before we make any purchase. However most small business owners are operating in the same old way they did before and miss out on winning customers with money to spend who are searching to buy a product then and there.
We believe that’s one of the main reasons why lots of small businesses are struggling today because customer buying behaviour has changed forever. Although business owners are working much harder, working longer hours and in more debt they haven’t made the vital change required for their businesses to be represented successfully online.
Businesses need to be where the customers are. As the 80 Million plus Google searches prove customers are online, we need to make sure our products and services can be found by these customers when they are looking to make a purchase.
Most big businesses have made the change of moving a sizeable percentage of their marketing effort and budgets to the online space. Marketing a business online allows the business owner to target specific customer segments and easily track return on investment.
To be successful in the online world, you must understand the essentials of marketing a business online. These secrets and strategies will allow you to tap into customers who are searching for products or services that your business provides. The focus of this blog post is on the fundamentals. Getting your foundation right is the secret to the success of any strategy.
A perfectly designed website
This is the foundation for everything you do online. Before you spend any money marketing your business online you needs to make sure your website meets certain minimum requirements
– Start with getting your strategy right, meaning your website must be able to articulate why customers must buy from your business and not that of your competitor, very clearly and succinctly. The help of an online strategist is an essential secret as this is a high value area for your business.
– Once the strategy is determined it is then time to ensure your design meets minimum standards. Users are impatient today and will leave your site if it does not cater to what they want, professionally and attractively.
– Very importantly your website must also work well on a mobile device like a tablet or a smart phone, over 50% of searches today are done on a mobile device and most small businesses are failing in this department.
– Design your website with Search engines in mind ensuring your most strategic keywords are well used and articulated throughout the site strategically.
Create a Compelling Offer
Every business person knows that they need to make their businesses compelling for customers to buy from them, this is the same online. The online space is an incredibly powerful medium for segmenting your prospects and delivering targeted advertising. You can easily measure you return on investment and refine your marketing campaign over time to improve results.
Are vital in creating trust, and trust is essential. No one will buy from providers they don’t trust. It’s vital that you have clear trust signals to make it easy for the buyer to purchase from you.
Getting Found by Search Engines : Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
Getting on the front page on Google is easier said than done. It is an art and science but working with a reliable provider can help you get there. With so many businesses offering these services via email it can be hard to select a good provider but getting a local business who understands the market to help you would be a boon to your business.
It will help you tap into customers who are searching for products and services your business deals with. Internally there are a few things you can do on your own. These include registering your business with as many directory services and having your website optimised for SEO. But this is an area for the experts; find a company you can trust.
– High Ranking on search engines is the most affordable way to win customers
– High rankings build credibility every time
Great Reports & Analytics to shape your continuing improvement and strategy.
– Google Adwords
– Facebook adverts
– Social Media Engagement and Campaigns using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc. While Facebook is the leader of all social media platforms it’s vital you choose the platforms that work for your business.
– Email Marketing: Email marketing will help your business to be top of mind with customers. They may delete a few of your mails, but if you successfully engage them you will find email to be the king.
If you are a small business owner these are all vital strategies you must take on board. You may not have the time, skills or the energy to do all of the above. The best thing you can do for your business is to find a reliable and affordable service provider you can partner with. The partner will bring the expertise and the people, you as the business owner must contribute your knowledge of your business and the competition.
Feel free to talk to one of our digital strategists today. We are more than happy to help! Contact us now.